Lithium fluoride thermoluminescent phosphor, in the form of powder and solid pellets, is recognised universally as the "golden standard" for applications in radiation protection dosimetry, monitoring of environmental radiation and medical dosimetry.
(LiF:Mg,Ti) has been produced since 1972 in the form of solid pellets or powder, according to a unique method developed by Prof. Tadeusz Niewiadomski at the Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kraków, Poland.
- fully exchangeable with LiF:Mg,Ti phosphors and pellets produced by other companies
- used world-wide in radiation protection, environmental monitoring and clinical dosimetry
-type ultra-sensitive thermoluminescent LiF doped with magnesium, copper and phosphorus (LiF:Mg,Cu,P), available as solid detectors or powder
- 30 times more sensitive to gamma ray doses than MTS-N
- unmatched for environmental monitoring and personal dosimetry
thin active-layer (LiF:Mg,Cu,P) ultra-sensitive TL dosimeters designed to measure personal dose equivalent Hp(0.07) in external fields of weakly penetrating radiation (soft X-rays, b-rays). Each pellet consists of a thin radiation-sensitive part, of 8.5 mg.cm-2 effective thickness, bonded to a thick, mechanically stable, non-luminescent LiF matrix.
- flat energy response after X-ray and b-ray doses,
- high sensitivity - reliable measurements of Hp(0.07) in the microgray range,
Tailored to your needs
The unique feature of our company is our ability to produce detectors of dimensions, active layer thickness, isotopic composition and sensitivity, adjusted to any individual requirement of our Customers.
- available dimensions: circular pellets (rods) of diameter ranging from 0.5 mm to 12 mm (standard: 4.5 mm) and of any thickness in the range 0.25 mm ¸1.5 mm (standard: 0.9 mm).
- our miniature detectors are ideal for high spatial resolution dosimetry (e.g. in stereotactic radiosurgery).
- we can vary the effective thickness of the sensitive layer in our MCP-Ns detectors: from 7 mg cm-2 to 1000 mg cm-2.
- all our detectors are designed to be read out with any standard TL reader: ohmic or hot gas.
(1) - On request of a Customer other dimensions are available - particularly miniature pellets (from fi 1 mm)
(2) - Customer may freely choose the reqiured thickness from wide range available thickness